Monday, July 6, 2009

CALIFORNIA!!

Alright so continuing on with my awesome journey west!
Driving into San Diego was really quite a sight. There we're so many hills and houses! And they were beautiful houses. I love those terra cotta roofs or whatever they're called.
We got to San Diego and stayed in a park that was on one of the bays. It was fun stuff there, we went out to the beach at night and then in the morning, all of us went out again, but this time we got to show off our skillz!
Photobucket
Nathan was doing his cheerleading routine with me and Jack, both of whom were really quite terrified to perform in these acts. He kept flipping Jack backwards, and saltwater isn't the funnest thing to get up your nose apparently. We're not really used to this kind of water... but afterwards, it does feel like it kind of cleansed our senses. Oh, and we were also juggling on top of each other's shoulders, which drew quite a crowd.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Just like when we did that on St. Patrick's Day. That was one the best days actually. Picnic under the arch, doing tumbling and juggling... how much better does it get than that?
Okay, I'm getting off track. At the beach we saw some dude with a surfboard, and his daughter was catching some waves on her boogeyboard. Yeah, I got pretty jealous.
We spent the fourth of July here as well. We celebrated by taking a 5 hr tour of the USS Midway... kinda interesting, I think I saw Spock.
Photobucket
Ummm... I need to show you pictures from that day. Doesn't it look like My grandpa owns a walkman? And I love Jack!
Photobucket

We also roamed around the city and ended up eating at this awesome restaurant in Old Town. I had an avocado sandwich, yummy!
Photobucket
NBC was behind me!
So when night eventually fell upon us, we were on the beach checking out the fireworks of the community around us. We were pretty close to Sea World that night, so we were blessed to see their display of sky rockets. Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. I get to lie down in the grass, or sand, and just stare up at the sky, it's a good feeling.

Waiting for the Fireworks and Belting Bleedin Love!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
It took me forever to get a decent shot of a firework, but I think I managed at least one.
Photobucket

Okay, so that pretty much summed up my Fourth!

Talk to ya soon Love

No comments:

Post a Comment