Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Traveling the Countryside!

We left on the 28 of June.  

Since I'm going off to Mizzou in the fall, I really wanted to take a big trip before I had to stay in Columbia for four years.  So my grandma agreed, bought an RV, and we headed westward to California.  But of course, we had to make some stops along the way.


 New Mexico-

Stopped at the visitors center for kinda  a ridiculous amount of time. Watched a little snippet of something about the alignment of the sun.  I got lost for awhile.  Oh, I also had a nasty encounter with a nettle for the first time.  Not very fun mind you.

Some awesome lady said I was beautiful, and had a beautiful family and gave me a really cute turquoise ankle bracelet.  It makes me happy that people are just naturally generous.  Then behind us, at a pavilion, there were lots of kids jammin out to Michael Jackson.  Pretty crazy.

Lady at sonic ordered a grape dr. pepper, maybe a southern thing, not too sure.  Oh, also the had some kind of like chili burger.

 

Arizona-

Well when I woke up today at like 1 in the morning, I saw that we had parked at the entrance to a petrified forest. Which is where we still are at 10 am, mountain time.

 

Grand canyon-

Much much bigger than I remembered.  We went to lots of different lookouts this time, and it literally looks different from every angle.  That night we decided to sleep outside under the stars.  Beware of coyotes!  I saw three shooting stars as well.  The sky was quite clear out in the middle of nowhere, away from all the city lights.  

The next morning, I had the wonderful pleasure of seeing the sunrise at the Grand Canyon, it was grand.  My aunt said she was surprised no one clapped, I would have.  It was a pretty spectacular sight to behold, I highly recommend it to everyone.  

Photobucket

This was also the day that we decided to get daredevily for some gnarly pics.  Kinda dumb idea, but no one got hurt.  We also hiked down the canyon a little ways.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Met some awesomely hot brazilian/Portuguese guy and asked if he wanted me to snap a pic of him and his lady friend.

I'm not going to get into San Diego quite yet because I am not yet there.


By the way, rv's aren't so bad.  Juggling isn't too hard in a moving vehicle.  But the only thing else we can really do is play apples to apples or card games, which is still fun.  Alright well I'm getting sleepy, so I'll post some more later!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment