Sunday, April 12, 2009

Cardinal's Opening Day

So my computer just crashed, and I had to retype all this from memory, so here goes nothing.

I had the honor of attending the Cardinal's Opener a few days ago.  It was quite a treat, even though we lost.  That was my 16th straight year going, except for last year due to the first year stadium crowds.  I got to go to the game the next day too with Eric, so that was fun.  Props to my grandparents, they are always exuding all their awesomeness constantly!  I can't recall exact words, but they just crack me up all the time.  It was ridiculously freezing by the way both days.  Don't worry we brought our covers and whatnot, I probably looked like a tiny eskimo.  
Photobucket Not as much as Laura though I'm sure.  I also got to see the Wizard himself, Ozzie Smith for the Opening Day ceremonies.  I thought I saw Keith Hernandez and was freaking out, but it most definitely wasn't him.  Oh, I did manage to get some good pictures of Pujols and Adam Wainwright, who I got to see pitch again!  Loved it!  Oh, and my favorite Usher was there, yay for Randy and all his joyousness!PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketThere's a ton more pictures of all these awesome peoples on my facebook and myspace, so go check them out if ya want somore.
I had a fantastic treat though after the game.  We went out to dinner for Nathan's birthday, to Rich and Charlie's, and who do I run into?  None other than aunt Deena, Uncle Jim, and Lindley!  I love those guys, such sweet people.  It's always fun to bump into them.  They apparently were also at the game earlier,  in box suites though.  Jim told me that he wanted to go to prom with me if I was still up for it.  He's such a goof, I love him.

The waitress we had did an odd little number.  When our drink order arrived, she was confused about which soda was the diet, so she proceeded to smell my mom's coke.  I was laughing to myself, but my mother was pretty disguisted with this.  She didn't say anything until the girl was out of earshot.  The spinomi, or however you spell it was awesome, Jack and Leelan didn't like it.  All in all, we had a lovely night with the fam.  
Photobucket
Alright, It's one in the morning, I'm going to bed.
Namaste
-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment